Beth Smith, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Education
Beth Anderson Smith is an associate professor in the Teacher Preparation Program for the School of Education. She teaches and supervises teacher candidates pursuing their single subject credentials and Masters in Education.
She has been a bilingual educator for 27 years, in addition to earning her Ph.D. in social, multicultural and bilingual foundations of education and bilingual teacher certification from San Diego State University.
She has taught, supervised and led professional development activities at all educational levels (K-12, adult education and higher education) and has had substantial experience with culturally and linguistically diverse students, families and communities both in California and Colorado.
- B.S. from University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.A. from Point Loma Nazarene College
- Ph.D. from University of Colorado, Boulder
- Technology in Education
- On-line and Blended Learning in K-12 schools
- First and second language acquisition
- Educational program models for English learners
- Secondary education
- Reading in the content areas
- Meeting the needs of diverse learners in the mainstream classroom
- Action Research
- Teacher Leadership