Nancy Myers, M.A.
Senior Lecturer of Education and Director of California Reading and Literature Project
Nancy Myers has worked in the field of K-6 Public Education for over 27 years. During this time, she has served as a Reading Specialist, Literacy Coach, Multiple Subjects teacher, Literacy Presenter, Houghton-Mifflin consultant, California Reading & Literature Project teacher leader and California State Literacy Trainer.
In early 2008, Nancy also became the Director for the California Reading and Literature Project. She is responsible for coordinating high quality professional development in the area of student literacy for teachers in public K-12 schools across Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Kern County. This project works heavily with the English Language Learner population and focuses improving low achieving schools.
As an educator, she is dedicated to empowering future & current teachers to "Be The Change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
- B.A. in Multicultural Perspectives in Education with Highest honors from the University of California, Santa Cruz
- California Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Clear Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, California State University, Los Angeles
- M.A in Curriculum and Instruction, California State University, Los Angeles
- Clear Specialist Instruction Credential (Reading), California State University, Northridge
- Crosscultural, Language, and Academic Development (CLAD) Certificate, Commission on Teacher Credentialing, California
- Effective Reading Intervention
- Common Core Standards
- Effective Presentations
- Thematic Instruction
- Reciprocal Comprehension Instruction
- Literacy Consultant
- Responsive Classroom
- Presented research on Frontloading Language for English Learners (Spring 2009)
- English Language Learners
- California Reading and Literature Project
Phone: (805) 493-3599
Office: Spies Bornemann Education and Technology Building, Room 216