News & Announcements
Thursday, Aug 2, 2012
University Chapel, Wed., May 2, 10:10am, Samuelson Chapel.
- Faculty Lunch, Wed., May 2, 11:30am-1pm, Roth Nelson Room.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning’s lunch series this Thurs., May 3, from 12 to 12:50pm, is in SBET 127. Julius Bianchi (ISS), Eileen Leese (ISS), Ashley Szanter, Sheridan Wigginton (Languages and Cultures) and Joan Wines (English) will discuss “Kindles Every Which Way.” Lunch will be served.
- Dr. Beverly Kelley of the Communication Department is retiring after a 35 year career at CLU. Please join us in celebrating her many contributions and wishing her well as she begins a new chapter in her life, Thurs., May 3, 4-6pm, in The William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art.
- All faculty are invited to Faculty Friday, Fri., May 4, 4-6pm, at the President’s Residence, 372 Camino de Celeste, Thousand Oaks. Directions from CLU: Left on Olsen Rd., right on Wildwood Ave., right on Camino de Celeste.
- Benefits Open Enrollment - All benefits-eligible employees have the opportunity to change, add to or cancel their current medical, dental and vision plan elections from now until Fri., May 4. For more information, contact Roxanne Robinson in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLU Strings Concert, Sun., May 6, 2pm, Samuelson Chapel. For more information, visit www.callutheran.edu/music .
- The University Wind Ensemble presents An American Celebration, Sun., May 6, 2pm, Conejo Community Park, 1175 Hendrix Ave., Thousand Oaks. Admission is free. Lawn seating only; bring blankets or low lawn chairs for your comfort. For more information, visit www.callutheran.edu/music .
- Commencement information:
- Graduate Commencement - Fri., May 11, 4pm, new William Rolland Stadium.
- Undergraduate Commencement - Sat., May 12, 10am, new William Rolland Stadium.
- Faculty lineup will be 30 minutes before each ceremony in the Soiland Recreation Center in the Gilbert Sports and Fitness Center.
- The annual spring art exhibit showcasing the work of graduating seniors at CLU will run through Sat., May 19, in the Kwan Fong Gallery of Art and Culture. For more information, contact Kristi Colell at email@example.com .
- Project 24 and Creative Concepts: Displays of multimedia student projects, runs through Tues. May 15, Soiland Humanities Center. For information, contact Dan Restuccio at x3459.
- Faculty Meeting, Mon., May 7, 4-6pm, Swenson 101-102.
- SAVE THE DATE - Fourth Annual Professional Development Day, Wed., May 16, 8am, Gilbert Sports and Fitness Center. RSVP at https://callutheran.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3Q4nUThEZ9mpRqs
Ø The online EPPC and GPEC process (Course Leaf) is now ready for you to use! You can log in to http://nextcatalog.callutheran.edu to get started. An Informational Guide and help bubbles are on their way soon!
Ø On 4/16 GPEC voted to approve the following. If you have questions or if you would like further information on the proposal, please contact the GPEC Chair, Gerhard Apfelthaler at firstname.lastname@example.org within the 2 week review period.
o A submission by the School of Management to change the course description of the course "Sustainable Business Strategies".
o A submission by the School of Management to add a new Professional Track to the MBA Program titled "Arts Management".
Title: Increase Communication in your Group with Blackboard Communities
Description: Learn how to easily use an online Blackboard community for your club, cohort, committee, or other group on campus. Using the Community section in Blackboard will allow you to make announcements, send emails to all or designated group members, post files for easy retrieval, collaborate with others using discussion boards, ability to create blogs, surveys, and more. Communities can be used by all admins, staff, faculty, and students.
Date/Time: Monday, April 30, 2012; 4:00 to 4:50 p.m.
Location: Swenson 110
Instructor: Eileen Leese
Register for (THIS CLASS ONLY) at: https://callutheran.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_23QUUmvdd4SLZo8