News & Announcements
Thursday, Aug 2, 2012
- Funding is available from the Provost’s Office for a limited number of faculty to attend and/or present at the Association of Lutheran College Faculties (ALCF) annual conference October 5-6 at Augsburg College in Minneapolis. The theme of the conference is Enhancing Teaching and Learning in Lutheran Higher Education Through Experience-Based Pedagogy, which ties in well to our new Strategic Plan. The deadline to submit a presentation proposal is August 3. Please click on this link to review the ALCF Call for Proposals . If you are interested in attending the conference, please email Judy Beaulieu at email@example.com .
- Faculty Annual Reports (Full time faculty only) were due May 31. If you haven’t completed one, please do so ASAP. The form can be found on the Academic Affairs website at: http://www.callutheran.edu/academic_affairs/faculty/annual_faculty_review.php (The form is in the “Faculty Governance” section of the Academic Affairs web page). If you have any questions, contact Karissa Oien at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Faculty Brainstorming Workshop, “Best Practices for Teaching International Students,” Friday, July 6, 3:30-5:30pm, Nygreen 5. Mary Jo Shane and Harry Starn will facilitate an interactive faculty brainstorming workshop to develop practical strategies that can be used to promote learning for our international students within the onsite and virtual classrooms. It is scheduled for July 6, so that participants can walk over to Faculty Night at the Shakespeare festival immediately after the workshop. Please RSVP to ROMRSVP@callutheran.edu .
- Save the Date – Faculty Night at the Kingsmen Shakespeare Festival, Friday, July 6. Much Ado About Nothing, one of Shakespeare’s best-loved comedies, is filled with vibrant, witty characters, misinformation and romance. Faculty members and a guest will be admitted free – children under 18 are always free at the Festival. Festival grounds open at 5:30pm, show begins at 8pm. Drinks and snacks will be served. RSVP to Karissa Oien at email@example.com .
- Faculty Retreat (Full time faculty only), Wed., Aug. 29 – Thurs., Aug. 30, Ventura Beach Marriott. Deadline to RSVP is July 1, 2012. Click here to RSVP: www.callutheran.edu/faculty/faculty_retreat_form.php .
- On 6/4, GPEC has approved a change in course title, minor changes to the course description, and minor miscellaneous changes to the following submissions by the Graduate School of Education:
- EDTP 511, EDTP 512, EDTP 513, EDTP 514, EDTP 520, EDTP 521, EDTP 522, EDTP 523, EDTP 525, EDTP 530, EDTP 531, EDTP 532, EDTP 533, EDTP 535, EDTP 540, EDTP 560, EDTP 599.
- General update to graduate catalog information on programs offered at the Graduate School of Education in order to align with the requirements of the California Commmission for Teacher Credentialing
More information is available from the GPEC Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.