Announcements for the week of September 10
- Faculty Meeting TODAY, 4-6pm, Swenson 101, with refreshments in the Pamela K. Jolicoeur Gallery beginning at 3:40pm. The Meeting Agenda and supporting materials (including the final Faculty Committee List for ratification) can be found on the Faculty Governance Blackboard under Faculty Meetings/Academic Year 2012-2013/September.
- Study Abroad invites all faculty to the following events:
- Faculty Continental Breakfast to Meet our Study Abroad Partners! - Monday, Sept. 10, 8:45-10am, Upstairs Humanities Lobby.
- Study Abroad Info Fair - Monday, Sept. 10, 10am-1pm, Flagpole.
- Faculty Afternoon Tea to Meet our Study Abroad Partners! - Monday, Sept. 10, 1:30-2:30pm, Upstairs Humanities Lobby.
- Campus Reception to Welcome Study Abroad students back to CLU - Wednesday, Sept. 12, 4:30-5:30pm, Lundring. Don't miss this opportunity to hear about their time abroad! Refreshments will be served.
- The CLU Chapel Choir resumes rehearsals on Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 5:15pm in Samuelson Chapel. The Chapel Choir is open to students, faculty, staff, administrators and local residents...anyone who loves to sing is very welcome. There is no audition, just show up! The choir sings at many of CLU's Thursday morning chapel services. For a complete semester rehearsal and performance schedule, or for more information, contact Dr. Kyle Johnson at email@example.com, or x3332.
- Faculty Lunch, Wednesday, Sept. 12, 11:30am-1pm, Roth Nelson Room.
- University Chapel, Thursday, Sept. 13, 11:25am, Samuelson Chapel.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning’s lunch series this Thursday, Sept. 13, from 12:15 to 1pm, is in SBET 127. Brian Young, English Adjunct Professor, will present "Facebook in the Composition Classroom." Lunch will be served. If you would like to propose a topic or lead a Series session, please contact Joan Wines at x3277.
- The School of Management presents Unleashing the Power of Social Media, Thursday, Sept. 13, 5:15-7pm, Lundring. Learn from Teri Thompson and Amber Sims Hinterplattner, two experts in the field of Social Media Marketing, as they share ways to maximize your marketing effectiveness and increase your presence online. Admission is free. Please RSVP at SOMRSVP@callutheran.edu or x3091.
- 2012 Francophone Film Festival presents Les Femmes du sixième étage (The Women on the Sixth Floor), Friday, Sept. 14, 7:15pm, Preus-Brandt Forum. All films are subtitled in English. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.callutheran.edu/events .
- Imagining Venice, Watercolors by Terry Spehar-Fahey, exhibit in the Kwan Fong Gallery through Sept. 28. Artist's Reception, Saturday, Sept. 15, 7pm. For more information visit Kwan Fong Gallery.
- The new undergraduate and graduate catalogs are now available and posted on the Registrar's Office web page at http://www.callutheran.edu/registrar/catalogs/. Starting with the 2012-2013 catalog, we will be doing annual graduate and undergraduate catalogs. As with the last catalogs, we will not be issuing any printed versions . We will be sending out information to all of the new students with the URL for the catalog this week and after the last day to add, to make sure that all of the new students are notified. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Maria Kohnke at x3105.
- Faculty Keyboard Recital given by Eric Kinsley, Sunday, Sept. 16, 2pm, Samuelson Chapel.
- The Writing Center has adopted a new online appointment system, WCOnline, to replace Genbook. Students can register with WCOnline by visiting the Writing Center page at www.callutheran.edu/writing_center and clicking on "Book an Appointment Online." The system will ask first-time users to register using their Cal Lutheran email and student ID number. Students can then log in to view available tutors and appointment times. If you have any questions, please contact Joan Wines, Writing Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org, x3277), or Ursula Rush, Writing Center Coordinator (email@example.com).
- All faculty are invited to a reception to welcome the new MPPA Director, Dr. David Powell, and thank Dr. Herbert Gooch for his years of service as MPPA Director. Thursday, Sept. 20, 5-7pm, Roth Nelson Room. Refreshments will be served.
- Faculty Friday, September 21, 4-6pm, Tim Hengst's home.