Announcements for the week of September 17
- Faculty Lunch, Wednesday, Sept. 19, 11:30am-1pm, Roth Nelson Room.
- University Chapel, Thursday, Sept. 20, 11:25am, Samuelson Chapel.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning’s lunch series this Thursday, Sept. 20, from 12:15 to 1pm, is in SBET 127. Harry Starn (School of Management), Linda Boberg and Juanita Hall (Multicultural Programs and Student International Services) will present "Tips for Teaching International Students." Lunch will be served. If you would like to propose a topic or lead a Series session, please contact Joan Wines at x3277.
- All faculty are invited to a reception to welcome the new MPPA Director, Dr. David Powell, and thank Dr. Herbert Gooch for his years of service as MPPA Director. Thursday, Sept. 20, 5-7pm, Roth Nelson Room. Refreshments will be served.
- Faculty Friday, Sept. 21, 4-6pm, Tim Hengst's home. Click here for a map.
- 2012 Francophone Film Festival presents Le Havre, Friday, Sept. 21, 7:15pm, Preus-Brandt Forum. All films are subtitled in English. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.callutheran.edu/events .
- Fourth Annual Chinese Moon Festival Concert, Saturday, Sept. 22, 7pm, Samuelson Chapel. Admission is free. For more information, contact Debby Chang at email@example.com .
- Founder's Day Convocation - Friday, Oct. 19, 10:30am, Samuelson Chapel. Faculty will wear their regalia and meet at the Luther Statue at 10:15am in order to process. If you need to rent regalia for this event, please contact the bookstore at x3270 ASAP! Please note that due to the fact that Chapel time has changed to Thursday, this Friday time may conflict with classes you are teaching this year. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can reserve enough pews in the Chapel.
- Bill Bilodeau is in need of drivers for the following Geology field trips this fall semester. Drivers will use rented SUV's with up to 7 students, and must register with the "pull" program to participate. Please contact Bill Bilodeau ASAP at email@example.com if you can drive on one or more of these field trips.
- GEOL 111 Physical Geology one-day field trip to Wildwood, Pt. Mugu and the Santa Monica Mountains:
- Saturday, Oct. 13, 8:45am to 4:15pm. and/or Sunday, Oct. 14, 8:45am to 4:15pm.
- GEOL 118/BIOL11 Oceans coastal/intertidal one-day field trip to Pt. Mugu, the Santa Monica Mountains and El Matador Beach in Malibu:
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 10am to 3pm. and/or Sunday, Nov. 11, 10am to 3pm.
- GEOL 111 Physical Geology 3 day camping field trip to Death Valley (camp in Death Valley at Furnace Creek Campground):
- Friday, Oct. 26, 7:30am to Sunday, Oct. 28, 8pm.
- Imagining Venice, Watercolors by Terry Spehar-Fahey, exhibit in the Kwan Fong Gallery through Sept. 28. For more information visit Kwan Fong Gallery.
- The Writing Center has adopted a new online appointment system, WCOnline, to replace Genbook. Students can register with WCOnline by visiting the Writing Center page at www.callutheran.edu/writing_center and clicking on "Book an Appointment Online." The system will ask first-time users to register using their Cal Lutheran email and student ID number. Students can then log in to view available tutors and appointment times. If you have any questions, please contact Joan Wines, Writing Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org, x3277), or Ursula Rush, Writing Center Coordinator (email@example.com).
- The new undergraduate and graduate catalogs are now available and posted on the Registrar's Office web page at http://www.callutheran.edu/registrar/catalogs/. Starting with the 2012-2013 catalog, we will be doing annual graduate and undergraduate catalogs. As with the last catalogs, we will not be issuing any printed versions . We will be sending out information to all of the new students with the URL for the catalog this week and after the last day to add, to make sure that all of the new students are notified. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Maria Kohnke at x3105.
- Art conference discount – CLU employees and students will receive a 20% discount on attendance to TRAC2012: The Representational Art Conference Oct. 14-17 at the Crowne Plaza in Ventura. Join master artists, critics and thought leaders from around the world for lively discussion and studio demonstrations, and to explore representational art’s place in the 21st century. For information on the conference, visit http://www.trac2012.org/. To receive the 20% CLU discount, send an email to info@TRAC2012.org.
- College of Arts and Sciences Faculty Meeting, Monday, Sept. 24, 4-5pm, Swenson 101.
- Holly Kearl of AAUW will speak on "Addressing Sexual Harassment on Campus," Monday, Sept. 24, 7pm in Overton Hall. Admission is free. Sponsored by the Gender and Women's Studies Program, the CEJ, and AAUW Thousand Oaks. For more information, contact Akiko Yasuike at x3565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First-Year Experience with Rodes Fishburne, author of Going to See the Elephant, Thursday, Sept. 27, 7:30pm, Gilbert Arena.
- 2012 Francophone Film Festival presents Potiche (Trophy Wife), Friday, Sept. 28, 7:15pm, Preus-Brandt Forum. All films are subtitled in English. Admission is free. For more information, visit www.callutheran.edu/events .
- Faculty Artists' Recital - Chamber music for clarinet, cello and piano, Sunday, Sept. 30, 2pm, Samuelson Chapel. Music Department faculty members Daniel Geeting, clarinet, and Eric Kinsley, piano, joined by Joyce Geeting, cello, present a program of chamber music. For more information visit www.callutheran.edu/music .