The following are the admission requirements for the M.S. in Quantitative Economics program.
- Bachelor's degree with demonstrated quantitative ability
- Calculus: One year required with grade of B or better
- Statistics: One course required with grade B or better; One year recommended
- Econometrics: One course with a B or better is highly recommended
- Computer Programming: Some familiarity and a willingness to learn is required
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent)
- GRE of 1000 or GMAT of 500 (may be waived, depending upon candidate's academic background)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- International applicants must provide evidence of English language proficiency
- TOEFL of 570/230/89; or
- IELTS 6.5; or
- Successful completion of the highest level of an English language program recognized by Cal Lutheran
- Work experience preferred but not required
Foundation courses may be needed for those who do not meet prerequisite requirements into the program. Such foundation courses do not count towards the degree
Program entry point is typically late August (Fall Term). In some cases other entry points are possible.
The priority application deadline is 45 days prior to start of term.
Prospective international students: please see international application procedures.