The MBA degree requires 45 semester credits of course work which must be completed within a seven-year period (36 required and 9 elective credits).
Additional course work may be required for individuals whose academic records reflect the need for preparation in the areas of accounting, economics and/or statistics. The requirement for this preparation is determined during the admission interview.
Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database application is expected.
View the required courses and descriptions below.
Core Courses (36 credits)
- BUS 521 Statistical Analysis for Managers (3)
- BUS 522 Management Science (3)
- BUS 531 Managerial Economics (3)
- BUS 551 Managerial Accounting (3)
- BUS 565 Organizational Theory and Development (3)
- BUS 567 Behavioral Science for Management (3)
- BUS 568 Business Ethics (3)
- BUS 573 Law for Business Executives (3)
- BUS 575 Marketing Theory (3)
- BUS 581 Management Concepts for Information Technology (3)
- BUS 591 Financial Principles and Policies (3)
- BUS 574 Strategic Management (3)
Elective Courses (9 credits)
Students take three courses from the list of electives for their chosen professional track, or instead take any three electives across all tracks for a General MBA concentration.
The following courses may be required for individuals whose academic records reflect the need for preparation in the areas of accounting, economics and/or statistics. These courses are in addition to the 45 credits required for program completion.
- BUS 511 Foundations of Accounting and Finance (3)
- BUS 512 Foundations of Business Methods and Communications (3)
- BUS 513 Foundations of Economics (3)
- BUS 514 Foundations of Quantitative Methods (3)