The purpose of Survey Central is to provide:
- Survey Inventory and Monthly Calendar, an inventory and calendar of all surveys done at CLU. A weekly calendar is also available.
- Assistance and support for the different components of the survey process (e.g. design and administration of surveys) for CLU faculty, administrators, and staff.
California Lutheran University provides supports for faculty, administrators, and staff to initiate research studies. Over the years, there has been an interest in raising the quality of CLU Survey Research as an increasing number of surveys are being administered to CLU community and beyond. Researchers are reminded to visit the Institutional Review Board website to determine documentation required for research projects involving human participants or animals.
It is important, as the University continues to grow in research capacity and activities, to coordinate research studies so that:
- A sample population is both accessed both in a systematic way and not over-surveyed. For example, issues with SPAM and the frequency of surveys soliciting students, faculty, administrators, staff, and alumni participants affect the number of responses received which may then affect the reliability and statistical validity of a study.
- We avoid duplication of asking for the same type of data.
- Our research resources are effectively used to contribute to a quality process and outcomes analysis.