Nonprofit Internship Program
The “4A Cause” Internship Program gives nonprofit organizations the opportunity to have an unpaid Undergraduate or Graduate Intern assist them with a variety of work-related tasks. Whereas most intenrships look for certain skills or majors, we screen qualified students and match them with a nonprofit cause they care about.
Once students are on site, they can help in areas of marketing, outreach, public relations, grant writing, web and graphic design, social media marketing, writing, finance, research, and more. If your organization has hiring needs, you may also find a strong candidate for a job.
The program lasts at least 10 weeks (or 12, if the student is receiving academic credit), with a minimum of 6 hours required each week. However, once the formal “4A Cause” Internship is completed, you and the student have the option to decide if and how to proceed with an internship extension.
For 2012, the program will begin the week of September 10 and run to the middle of November or December.
Organizations Currently Participating
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ventura Country
- California Lutheran University
- Cancer Support Community
- Canine Adoption and Rescue League
- Child Development Resources
- Children's Mental Health Diagnostic & Treatment Services of Ventura County
- Coalition for Family Harmony
- EduCare Foundation
- El Centrito Family Learning Centers
- Fender Music Foundation
- Food Share
- Friends of Channel Coast State Parks
- Girls In Power
- Habitat for Humanity
- Kids Arts
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Many Mansions
- Powered By Youth Foundation, Inc
- Project Safer
- Segue Career Mentors
- Social Justice Fund for Ventura County
- Straight Up Ventura County
- Sure Path
- TOTV, City of Thousand Oaks
- Turning Point Foundation
- Ventura County Community Foundation