Law School Application Overview
The basic components of the application do not change from school to school. The requirements include:
- A Personal Statement
- Biographical Data
- Undergraduate and Graduate (if any) Transcripts
- LSAT Score
- Letters of Recommendation
- Resume (Some request)
Sample Law School Application Timeline
- Research and select your target schools.
- Send for applications.
- Make application schedule for your target schools.
- Register for the LSAT October test.
- Subscribe to the LSDAS.
- Arrange for your transcripts to be sent to LSDAS.
- Study for the LSAT.
- Take October LSAT.
- Arrange for letters of recommendation and print out Applicant Summary forms for each evaluator.
- Complete applications.
- Receive LSAT scores.
- Mail applications.
- Take December LSAT (if necessary).
- Federal financial aid applications become available.
- Complete financial aid applications.
- Receive responses form law schools.
- Visit schools.
- Receive financial aid determinations from law schools.
- Make decisions and submit admissions deposit.
- Register and begin law school.