What Do I Need to Send Where?
Submit the following application materials directly to VMCAS:
- VMCAS Web application (submitted electronically) at www.aavmc.org. (Click on VMCAS.) New VMCAS applications become available June of every year.
- Application fee
- Three completed evaluations using official VMCAS paper or electronic forms.
Send the following materials directly to the veterinary medical colleges:
- Supplemental application, if required by the designated VMCAS college, and any associated fees
- College transcripts
- Standardized test scores
Completing and Submitting the Web Application
Once you have finished all necessary sections, please review your application carefully for accuracy. Remember to print your completed application for your records before submitting it to VMCAS. Applicants cannot change any information on the application after it has been submitted to VMCAS. If you need to change your contact information, send this information directly to your designated colleges. Do not send a printed copy of your web application through the mail. You must deliver the application electronically to VMCAS before the deadline. VMCAS recommends that you submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline to avoid possible Web congestion caused by heavy applicant traffic and other Internet traffic. High applicant traffic can cause severe delays within the VMCAS Web application, such as slow response times, time outs, and difficulty logging into the application. These conditions could cause you to miss the deadline.
VMCAS Processing Fees
Application fees are calculated based on the number of colleges to which you are applying. VMCAS does not offer fee waivers at this time.
Your VMCAS fee covers the following services
- The processing and shipping of your VMCAS Web Application
- The processing and shipping of your evaluations
- VMCAS Student and Advisor support