Welcome to the Center for Academic Service-Learning (CASL).
of preschoolers at the Fredrickson Family Early Childhood Center
- To promote service-learning as an integral and distinctive aspect of student learning at CLU.
- To Foster university engagement in meaningful service that positively impacts and improves our communities.
- Through service-learning, students are given the opportunity to discover their purpose, to live out CLU’s mission, and to fulfill the academic, service and civic engagement goals of the university.
- To form purposeful and reciprocal partnerships between the university and community through service-learning to:
- Educate about important social issues, share resources, and meet real community needs.
Professor Nicholas Novosel of Cal Lutheran Adult Degree Evening Program was recognized by the Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber of Commerce at the Chamber Royale - 101st Inaugural Ball on May 3, 2013, for his work with the 100,000 class effort.