About the Center
The Center for Equality and Justice (CEJ) supports the mission of the University to educate leaders for a global society who are strong in character and judgment, confident in their identity and vocation, and committed to service and justice. The Center enables CLU to broaden its engagement with regional and local communities, support organizations with similar goals, and help students meaningfully engage with faculty mentors and community partners.
The CEJ aims to achieve the following goals:
- Professional development of university faculty who incorporate research that serves communities into their teaching, research and service;
- Leadership development and civic engagement of undergraduate and graduate students;
- Development of sustainable university-community research collaborations;
- Dissemination of research findings to a broad range of audiences in order to inform solutions to social problems;
- Bringing educational speakers, conferences, and events to build capacity for local organizations and broaden public awareness about key social issues.