Social Justice Calendar
This Chair Rocks: How Ageism Warps Our View of Long Life
Sponsored by Sponsored by CLU's Center for Equality & Justice and Alumni & Parent Relations, with community co-sponsor University Village Thousand Oaks
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Think you know what lies ahead? That depression, diapers, and dementia lurk? Think again. Part monologue, part consciousness-raiser, This Chair Rocks dispels myth after myth about late life and exposes the ageism that underlies all the hand-wringing. The talk is as funny as it is fierce, and it just might change the way you envision the rest of your life. Ashton Applewhite is the voice of Yo Is This Ageist and has been writing about ageing and ageism since 2007 at This Chair Rocks.
- Website: http://www.thischairrocks.com
- RSVP Deadline: No RSVPs required / Doors open at 6:30 p.m. / Seats available until filled.
- Contact Name: Center for Equality and Justice
- Contact Phone: (805) 493-3694
- Contact Email: CEJ@callutheran.edu