What's Typically Involved
Weekly individual psychotherapy:
- Areas of desired change are identified.
- An understanding of what contributes to the problems and interferes with change is developed.
- New and more effective alternatives are learned.
- Individual sessions are approximately 50-minutes and meet once per week for one year.
Skills training classes:
- Specific skills that are essential for managing emotional distress are learned.
- Skills classes are two hours long and meet weekly for one year.
Consultation meeting for therapists:
- The therapy team meets regularly to assist each other in providing effective and compassionate treatment.
Between-session coaching with therapist:
- This provides an opportunity for "real-life" coaching for using the skills being learned.
Assessment and Measurement of Effectiveness:
- Ongoing assessment of client progress is essential for measuring how the program works.