CALL - Content Area Language and Literacy
This four day training for secondary educators provides the tools and skills necessary to analyze the academic language demands of course-specific texts and materials CALL supports teachers in designing effective instruction that meets those demands.
- Helps teachers assess and respond to needs through differentiated instruction.
- Contains teacher tools to support text analysis and lesson planning.
- Includes strategies for differentiation across levels of English proficiency for English Learners.
- Addresses multiple factors that influence student motivation and engagement.
- Focuses on sustained collaboration and implementation through a professional learning community model geared toward secondary teachers.
Scheduled Trainings at the Ventura County Office of Education
Day 1: February 9, 2015
Day 2: March 16, 2015
Day 3: April 13, 2015
Day 4: April 27, 2015
This training is specifically for high school or middle school Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, or Science Teachers. Schools/Districts must send a team of at least two participants. Teams should share content area for collaboration and lesson planning.
Please contact Lydia Chung for questions and registration information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for the flyer and registration form.