Language Arts Thinking Routines: Transforming Student Thinking
Do you want your students to think critically, creatively, reflectively, and have a love for learning?
This Professional Learning Community workshop series in partnershop with Teaching Beyond Textbooks will:
- Help teachers develop an understanding of Thinking Routines, an essential component of Visible Thinking
- Explore the use of learning tools such as Dispositions of Learning, Thinking Routines and the model of Teaching for Understanding
- Immerse into research from Harvard University's Project Zero
- Support and help students to think more critically and creatively at the same time
Join us for this three-day series at Cal Lutheran University on:
November 12, 2013
December 10, 2013
January 29, 2014
All sessions are from 4:30pm - 6:30pm.
$85.00 Registration Fee
*It is recommended that you purchase the book "Making Thinking Visible" by Ron Ritchhart. However, purchasing the book is NOT mandatory to participate.
Click HERE to download the flyer and registration form.
Active Collaborative Transformative (ACT)
21st Century Language Arts Workshop
With Dr. Mike McCambridge, Professor at Cal Lutheran University and Director of Project ACT
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Dr. Mike McCambridge and his workshop participants practicing ACT strategies at the 2012 CRLP Summer Literacy Workshop.
9:00 AM-12:00 PM at Cal Lutheran University
$39.00 registration fee
Participants in this Active Collaborative Transformative (ACT) workshop will explore:
- The ACT teaching and learning approach
- Exciting and effective active teaching and learning strategies
- What it is like to be a student in an ACT classroom
- Research findings that suggest positive impact of advancing student literacy (reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language) and the 21st Century learning
- An opportunity to teach a lesson using ACT strategies and effectively integrate them into their teaching style and into their daily lessons
- And have fun!!
For more information on ACT visit their website at www.noweverybodyup.com
Click HERE to download the flyer and registration form for this ACT Workshop.
*New* English Language Development Standards Together with the Common Core Standards
With Angela Elizondo Baxter, Principal of Santa Susana Elementary School
Saturday, October 5, 2013 *Cancelled-Rescheduled to Spring 2014-Exact date coming soon!*
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
California Lutheran University
$85.00 Registration Fee
Participants will experience authentic teaching practices that utilize multiple learning modalities to reach language learners through the ELD Next Generation Standards. You will learn the three modes of communication and the proficiency level descriptors through rich classroom examples. Time will be spent actively engaging in ELD learning strategies with time to backwards map your ELD and ELA standards.
Click HERE for the flyer and registration form.
Growing Students with a Writer's Edge
A three hour writing workshop for 3rd-8th grade teachers with children's author Alexis O'Neill. Parents are also welcome!
Monday, February 25, 2012
4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. at Cal Lutheran University
$29.00 registration fee
Coming up with an idea, research, brainstorming, writing, rewriting, organizing, using vibrant language - all of these steps are essential to writers of fiction and non fiction. And kids struggle with them! In this three hour session, published children's author and educator Alexis O'Neill will offer real-world strategies to help teachers survive the writing process in the classroom as they urge students to become the best writers possible.
Click HERE to download the flyer and registration form for this writing workshop