Active Collaborative Transformative (ACT) 21st Century Language Arts Workshop
With Dr. Mike McCambridge, Professor at Cal Lutheran University and Director of Project ACT
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Dr. Mike McCambridge and his workshop participants practicing ACT strategies at the 2012 CRLP Summer Literacy Workshop.
9:00 AM-12:00 PM at Cal Lutheran University
$39.00 registration fee
Participants in this Active Collaborative Transformative (ACT) workshop will explore:
- The ACT teaching and learning approach
- Exciting and effective active teaching and learning strategies
- What it is like to be a student in an ACT classroom
- Research findings that suggest positive impact of advancing student literacy (reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language) and the 21st Century learning
- An opportunity to teach a lesson using ACT strategies and effectively integrate them into their teaching style and into their daily lessons
- And have fun!!
For more information on ACT visit their website at www.noweverybodyup.com
Click HERE to download the flyer and registration form for this ACT Workshop.
Growing Students with a Writer's Edge
A three hour writing workshop for 3rd-8th grade teachers with children's author Alexis O'Neill. Parents are also welcome!
Monday, February 25, 2012
4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. at Cal Lutheran University
$29.00 registration fee
Coming up with an idea, research, brainstorming, writing, rewriting, organizing, using vibrant language - all of these steps are essential to writers of fiction and non fiction. And kids struggle with them! In this three hour session, published children's author and educator Alexis O'Neill will offer real-world strategies to help teachers survive the writing process in the classroom as they urge students to become the best writers possible.
Click HERE to download the flyer and registration form for this writing workshop