The Mission of CRLP
|CRLP Teacher Leaders from Rio School District collaborate during a Results for English Learners Training.|
The mission of the California Reading & Literature Project (CRLP) is to provide high quality, standards-based professional development in reading and language instruction to help ensure that every California student PreK-12 achieves the highest standards of academic performance.
CRLP collaborates with partnership districts to support and sustain continuous improvement, including the implementation of State Boards adopted instructional materials.
California Subject Matter Projects
CRLP is part of an inter-segmental statewide professional development network comprised of the nine disciplines required for university admission (UC and CSU) and graduation from high school. Together we form the Univeristy of California Subject Matter Projects (CSMP). The overarching goal of the CSMP is to raise student achievement by:
- Deepening teacher content knowledge and expanding their teaching strategies aligned with California Content Standards and Frameworks
- Supporting teachers in the effective use of newly adopted, standards-based instructional materials
- Focusing on academic English language development to prepare all students to meet or exceed academic content standards in the subject areas
- Creating a statewide pool of expert teacher leaders and university scholars to conduct project programs and to translate California's educational policies and priorities into sound classroom practices to improve student achievement in K - 12 classrooms
- Linking universities, schools, and districts together in collaborative partnerships to improve teaching and learning with professional development designed to meet district needs