CRLP Results: Word Recognition and Fluency
Supporting Implementation of the Common Core State Standards:
Foundational Skills (K-5)
This CRLP institute on the Common Core Foundational Skills focuses on what content students need to learn, when it needs to be covered within an overall scope and sequence, and how instruction might be approached. This institute also emphasizes the "Why" behind the "What," the "When," and the "How."
- Understand the CRLP Literacy Framework for Assessment and Instruction and its relationship to the Common Core Foundational Skills.
- Understand the content of the four components of the CCSS Foundational Skills and their importance in learning to read and spell.
- Know how to administer and interpret assessments of letter name knowledge, phonological awareness, phonics, and high frequency irregular sight words.
- Summarize and integrate assessments and use the results to (a) place students in one of four word recognition levels of learning to read and (b) determine an instructional sequence through the remaining word recognition levels using State adopted reading programs.
- Enhance and differentiate word recognition/spelling strategy instruction by planning and preparing to teach tier 1 & 2 MTSS lessons and/or instructional routines using State adopted core programs.
- Understand three kinds of beginning reading materials, how their leveling systems differ, and when they are appropriate to use.
Included in this institute:
Assessments and instructional implications
Word recognition and fluency instruction
Response to intervention and teacher collaboration
Fall 2014 Open Institute - CANCELLED
Due to the high number of people interested in attending this professional development, we are re-thinking our format for presenting the CRLP Results: Word Recognition and Fluency training. Unfortunately, at this time, we are canceling the Open training that begins on November 12. If you are interested in having this training at your school site with 20 or more participants, please contact us because we are scheduling school-wide trainings for the spring of 2015.
Click HERE to download the flyer.
November 12, 2014 December 10, 2014 January 22, 2015
Attendance is required all three days of the institute.
Time: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Location: Cal Lutheran University, 60 West Olsen Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Audience: K-5 classroom teachers and intervention teachers
Please contact Lydia Chung for any questions at (805) 493-3705 or firstname.lastname@example.org