Clear Administrative Services Credential
California Lutheran University's Graduate School of Education introduces its Clear Administrative Services Credential program to help newly hired administrators with two years of experience to clear their credential as required by the State of California. This 1-year program gives new educational leaders tailored options for professional development based on their needs and interests.
- Focus on coaching and mentoring, collaborative inquiry and replication of best practices
- Designed for completion in two semesters, with 40% online coursework
- One coaching/class session per month on Saturday mornings (October-May), plus 5 individual coaching sessions to be scheduled at students' worksites
- 4 graduate units of coursework and 1 unit completed independently from the Corwin Read2Earn program
- Capstone projects will be customized to participants' individual areas of interest
- Courses will feature educational experts as guest speakers to provide insight on topics relevant to educational leadership during times of transformation
- Complies with California Commission for Teacher Credentialing standards
- Credential programs offered in two locations: Thousand Oaks and Santa Maria
- Expert faculty of full-time professors and highly regarded practicing educational leaders
Credential Cohort Classes
- EDLD 637 a (Fall)
- EDLD 637 b (Spring)
- EDLD 638 a (Fall)
- EDLD 638 b (Spring)
- Corwin Read2Earn Program
Clear Course Descriptions
EDLD 637 a, b (Fall, Spring) Professional Induction Plan Development and Assessment (1 unit each)
The course is designed to assist and support the candidate in the development and assessment of the Personalized Induction Plan (PIP) to support the candidate in his or her professional and personal growth.
The program is designed to give new educational leaders individual options and opportunities in pursuing ongoing and professional development. Identification of growth needs and interest; means to assess goal attainment; and a mutually developed Individualized Induction Plan is developed in collaboration with candidate’s coach, the candidate, and the candidate’s faculty advisor.
EDLD 638 a, b (Fall, Spring) Collective Inquiry (1 unit each)
The course is designed to assist and support the candidate in the development of a year-long action inquiry that is based on the CPSELs. During fall semester, the candidate chooses an issue at his/her school site, develops research questions, engages the faculty, and collects data.
Corwin Read2Earn Program (1 unit)
Through our relationship with Corwin, a publisher of professional learning resources for PreK-12 educators, receive one unit of graduate course credit for reading an approved Corwin book and completing a one course assignment. Visit http://www.callutheran.edu/education/read2earn/ for information.
Currently Accepting Applications for Fall 2014
- Checklist (Preliminary Administrative Services Credential completed at CLU)
Checklist (Preliminary Administrative Services Credential not completed at CLU)
- Completed Application Form
- $50 Application Fee (please make checks payable to CLU)
- Official transcripts verifying bachelor's degree and any graduate work
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation Form
- Petition to Waive the GRE or GRE Scores
- Copy of current teaching credential
Interested individuals are encouraged to make an appointment to meet with a graduate admission counselor to review specific program information, admission requirements, start terms, deadline dates, and review financial aid options.
Please call (805) 493-3335 to schedule an appointment to meet with a graduate admission counselor or to request information.