Dennis Sheridan, Ed.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Educational Leadership
Dennis Sheridan joined the School of Education faculty in 2006 as a professor in the doctoral program and as Director of the Higher Education Leadership Program.
His career in education began in 1975 as a high school teacher of English and social studies. It then took an interesting turn as he transitioned into the field of College Student Affairs, first at Texas Christian University and then at California Baptist University where he served as Vice President for Student Affairs for 10 years.
Prior to CLU, Dr. Sheridan spent 12 years on the graduate faculty at Azusa Pacific University, chairing the Department of Higher Education and Organizational Leadership.
- B.A., Louisiana Tech University
- M.Ed., Louisiana State University M.A.,
- Ed.D., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- Research Methods
- Quantitative Analysis
- Program Evaluation in Higher Education
- Strengths-Based Approaches to Teaching and Leadership
- Diversity Issues in Higher Education
- Spirituality and Higher Education
- History of American Higher Education
- Legal Issues in Higher Education
- Ethics and Values in Educational Leadership