Financial Aid 101
File Your FAFSA
In order to be considered for aid based on financial need, you must complete a FAFSA every year.FAFSA Website Tutorial
Helping you invest in your future
Cal Lutheran endeavors to provide financial assistance to help students and families to make attending college affordable and fair. Each student and family is different, and our commitment is to evaluate and aid each student fairly and equitably so that we may aid as many families as possible.
Financial Aid is designed to augment family contributions, not replace them. To the extent that they are able, parents have the primary responsibility to pay for their dependent children's education. Students also have a responsibility to contribute to their educational costs.
The awarding of financial assistance is based on the following principles:
- To the extent they are able, parents have the primary responsibility to pay for their dependent children's education.
- Students also have a responsibility to contribute to their educational costs.
- Families should be evaluated in their present financial condition. Financial aid measures a family's ability, not willingness to pay for higher education.
- A family's ability to pay for educational costs must be evaluated in an equitable and consistent manner, recognizing that special circumstances can and do affect its ability to pay.
- The level of gift aid is a reflection of students' academic accomplishments and their Financial Need as determined by FAFSA.
- Federal and State regulations require that institutions consider all forms of assistance in the process of meeting a student's Financial Need.