Entrance/Exit Counseling

Loan counseling is a required means of helping you understand your rights and responsibilities regarding your loan. Entrance counseling must be completed before the first disbursement of a loan. Exit counseling must be completed before graduation or otherwise leaving school.

If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Loan Counseling is not required for Parent PLUS Loans.

Entrance Counseling

You can complete the entrance counseling online at the StudentLoans.gov website.

Exit Counseling

You may complete your exit counseling online at the StudentLoans.gov website.

You will need your Social Security number, PIN number, and the name and addresses of your nearest relative and two personal references to complete the session.

When you have finished your exit counseling, remember to print your completion certificate.

If you need to get a Separation Form signed for Financial Aid, all you need to do is bring your completion certificate into the Financial Aid Office and our Front Desk representative will be able to sign off.

Entrance Counseling

All new Federal Perkins loan borrowers will need to complete an in-person Perkins Loan Entrance Counseling. In addition, a new Perkins Loan Contract, a Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, and a Perkins Master Promissory Note are required for all borrowers.

Exit Counseling

Students who have borrowed a Federal Perkins Loan while attending CLU must complete in-person Exit Counseling before graduating or leaving school for any other reason.

Please contact Michele Starr at (805) 493-3518 to sign up for Federal Perkins Counseling.

Feedback Form