What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund supports academic and co-curricular programming, scholarships, study abroad programs, classroom and lab supplies, our outstanding faculty, emergencies and funding for everyday things the university needs to function.
Does my participation really matter?
Your participation does matter. Cal Lutheran's outstanding reputation will be expanded, which will increase the value of your degree. In fact, US News and World Report considers the percentage of student and alumni support when calculating the rankings. A higher national ranking attracts more corporate/foundation gifts which enhances programming. Higher rankings and better programming improves Cal Lutheran's reputation, which increases the value of your degree!
Wait, doesn't my tuition pay for that stuff?
No, unfortunately it doesn’t. Tuition only covers 85% of the cost to educate a student. Our job is to tighten the remaining 15% gap through the generous support we receive from alumni, parents, and friends. Their support is vital to your success. However, giving doesn’t just start with these constituents. It starts with YOU!
Where does my money go?
In an average year, each dollar to the Annual Fund is spent like this:
Why is Cal Lutheran asking me for money before I graduate?
Giving isn't so much a matter of the dollar amount, but rather showing the spirited support of your university. We hope that you are proud of the education you are receiving and want to help other future students have the same experiences.
I don't have any money or I can only afford to give a small amount. Will my gift even make a difference?
We know that as students you aren't millionaires, but maybe instead of a latte at Starbucks, give $3 to help a fellow Cal Lutheran student afford an education! Participation is the most important part about giving, and anything you can do to contribute brings us one step closer to our goal!
Keep an eye out for e-mails from the Annual Fund for more ways to get involved!Make YOUR CLASS Gift Online TODAY!