Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleCampus Experience Assistant - Temp. (2 positions available, hours vary from PT to FT)
Salary ($US) and Benefits$12.73 - $16.55
Basic FunctionThe Campus Experience Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Office of Undergraduate Admission related to visitor relations and event management to ensure an effective and high-quality campus visit experience for both individuals and groups; the position is the first primary contact person for students and families visiting California Lutheran University. This is a temporary position starting January 6 through May 2.
Representative Duties• Manages communication and details related to individual and group visit requests.
• Maintains detailed records of campus visits and evaluations.
• Assists in coordinating and scheduling visit opportunities highlighting the Cal Lutheran undergraduate experience by collaborating with and developing/cultivating relationships with University faculty and staff.
• Assists in the events management process for Admissions events, such as coordinating communication and logistics for events to help ensure successful events execution.
• Provides front-end office support by greeting visitors, answering visitors' questions and directing them to scheduled appointments; taking phone requests for information from parents, students, and other stakeholders in the enrollment process.
• Provides assistance in large direct mailing projects as directed.
• Responds efficiently, courteously, professionally and accurately to prospective students, parents, professors, coaches, and other staff regarding inquiries about admissions and financial Aid.
• Performs data entry and maintains databases, to include (but not limited to): verification, quality control, data integrity and data clean-up.
• Assists the Office of Undergraduate Admission with other projects as needed to ensure a smooth and seamless production of recruitment activities.
• Provides administrative support to the office as directed.
• Performs related duties as needed.
Knowledge Of• Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
• Record-keeping, filing, and information organizing techniques.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and other relevant software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Principles and practices of providing high-level customer service.
• Basic event planning.
• Multi-line phone systems and telephone techniques and etiquette.
Ability To• Perform general clerical duties such as filing, duplications, and maintaining routine records.
• Operate a variety of office equipment, such as computers, printers, faxes, copy machines, related software, and other related equipment.
• Maintain databases and files with minimal errors.
• Meet schedules and deadlines.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Learn policies, procedures and regulations and apply to specific situations.
• Answer telephone and greet the public courteously.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, conferences, events, and appointments.
• Relay messages, and screen and route calls and visitors.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Interact with diverse individuals from various backgrounds.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Work effectively with frequent interruptions.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Work occasional nights and weekends as necessary.
Education and ExperienceEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school or equivalent and one year of increasingly responsible office experience.
• College degree or some college-level coursework is desirable.
• Some event planning experience is desirable.
• Experience with customer or visitor relations with extensive public contact is desirable.
• Experience in a higher education or admissions setting is desirable.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as needed.
Busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
Seeing to file, read a variety of materials, and enter data into computer
Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment
Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations
Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
Pushing, pulling or lifting light objects
Bending and reaching to store and/or retrieve files
Application ProcedureCompleted Application Packet includes:
• CLU Application
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications for this particular job
Only complete packets will be forwarded to the search committee. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, or mail to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
California Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.