Support Staff Position (non-exempt)
Position TitleArticulation Officer
Salary ($US) and BenefitsSalary Range: $16.18 - $21.63
Basic FunctionUnder the direction of the Associate Provost of Academic Services & Registrar and Associate Registrar, develop and maintain the transfer articulation processes in the Registrar’s Office for all programs at the University. Act as a liaison with admission offices, the ADEP program Study Abroad and academic departments to research transfer articulation requirements and ensure appropriateness and accuracy of all course articulations. Interact with articulation officers from other institutions as necessary to complete transfer articulations.
Representative Duties• Develop, implement maintain and update articulation agreements
• Ensure that all formal articulation agreements are reviewed regularly, and if applicable, signed by the appropriate administrators of both institutions.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of the transfer articulation process.
• Maintain database of accurate and up to date information on transferable courses to include information in Datatel and TES.
• Work with admission offices and academic departments to develop and maintain major related transfer articulation information
• Ensure that all articulation information on the CLU web site is accurate and up to date.
• Work with the Study Abroad office to develop and maintain an articulation for all commonly used study abroad locations.
• Interact with articulation officers from other institutions as necessary to assist in maintaining accurate transfer articulations
• Coordinate organization of T2CLU transfer registration day functions with other participating offices.
• Assist in the registration of undergraduate and graduate students into classes; assist students at the counter with registration forms and related information.
• Answer telephones and provide information to students, faculty and the general public on the phone; Work the front counter as needed.
• Maintain current knowledge and records of regulations and requirements applicable to the Registrar’s Office.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge OfPolicies and procedures regarding articulations.
Operations, procedures, specific rules and precedents of the office.
Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
Telephone techniques and etiquette.
Operation of office machines including computer equipment and specified software.
Public relations techniques.
Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
Ability ToMulti-task in a dynamic environment.
Bring and maintain a positive and professional service attitude at all times.
Demonstrate organization, research and technical skills
Assemble, organize and prepare data for records and reports.
Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
Understand and resolve issues, complaints or problems.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
Use current technology to enter data, maintain records and generate reports.
Train and provide work direction to others.
Learn University mission, goals, and objectives.
Learn, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Work independently with little direction.
Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Education and ExperienceBachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, plus 2 years experience. 3 years experience in an education environment preferred. A comparable mix of education, training, and customer service experience required.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
Seeing to read a variety of materials.
Application ProcedureEmployment application must be submitted in full, additionally, send resume with cover letter and names and phone numbers of three professional references to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Fax resume to (805) 493-3655 or
California Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.