Administrative Position (exempt)
Position TitleAdmission Counselor - (Closing July 5, 2013 at 5pm)
DepartmentBachelor's Degree for Professionals
Salary ($US) and BenefitsSalary Range: $34,872 - $44,500
Basic FunctionUnder the direction of the Assistant Director of Admission for the Bachelor’s Degree for Professionals, conduct admission interviews for prospective students and applicants. Plan, coordinate and implement recruitment activities that will support program growth.
Representative Duties• Conducts admission interviews for prospective Bachelor’s Degree for Professionals students. E
• Evaluates transcripts; interpret transfer course equivalencies; and advise students on core requirements and available majors. E
• Maintains admission files and enrollment records. E
• Plans, coordinates, and implements recruitment activities for the Bachelor’s Degree for Professionals program. E
• Develops strategic partnerships and relationships with community colleges and businesses in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. E
• Creates and conducts presentations at informational meetings. E
• Participates at corporate and college fairs. E
• Provides strong customer service to prospective students and applicants; promptly respond to inquiries via email and phone; manages communication with prospective students and applicants regarding admission process and related matters. E
• Explains and advises on financial aid policies and opportunities. E
• Effectively communicates with university personnel and departments in the servicing of students and coordinating events. E
• Prepares, types, and distributes letters and correspondences as needed. E
• Attends to staff and campus wide meetings as assigned. E
• Provides work direction and training to assigned staff. E
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge OfLaws, codes, ethics regulations, policies and procedures related to assigned activities.
Computer and academic computer systems applicable to admissions and record-keeping.
Marketing concepts and strategies.
Oral and written communication skills.
Interpersonal skills, using tact, patience and courtesy.
Ability ToPlan and coordinate admission and recruitment activities
Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Make presentations to large audiences.
Assist in the development of admission forms and promotional materials.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Interpret, apply and explain rules, policies and procedures.
Establish and maintain cooperation and effective working relationships with others.
Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
Work offsite on different campuses a couple times a week.
Work during the evening, some weekends, and includes light travel.
Meet time lines.
Plan and organize work.
Work independently with little direction.
Education and ExperienceBachelor’s Degree and two years of experience in education or related fields.
EnvironmentOffice environment with frequent interruptions
Application ProcedureCompleted Application Packet includes:
• CLU Application
• Cover letter outlining your qualifications for this particular job
Only complete packets will be forwarded to the search committee. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
California Lutheran University
Human Resources, MC1100
60 W. Olsen Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
California Lutheran University is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.