ISS Tech Bytes
The Shortest Distance Between...
Volume 4, No. 10
Remember this math concept: The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. The shortest distance between your technical problem and the resolution is a call to the Help Desk. Here’s why:
- The Help Desk telephone is staffed “live” with a technician 49 hours a week, 8-6PM Monday through Thursday and 8-5PM on Fridays.
- When you email the Help Desk, a ticket is automatically created; the ticket number is sent to you immediately.
- You can create, track and update tickets by logging in at http://helpdesk.callutheran.edu with your CLU account ID and password.
- Technicians are not always at their desks to answer their phones; calling a favorite tech instead of the Help Desk may actually delay the response to your request.
- Contacting the Help Desk serves as a buffer* between you and your tech issue.
Take the prudent step and call the Help Desk (805-493-3698) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Issue’s Techno Term:
- Term: buffer
- Definition: virtual space where data is stored for a short time so that the data is readily available
- Example in a sentence: When viewing video content from the Web, data may be accessed from the buffer allowing for the video to begin playing before the complete file is downloaded.
- Source: http://www.techterms.com/definition/buffer
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Help Desk at (805) 493-3698 or send e-mail to email@example.com Additional information is available at the Computer Training Website; in addition, an archive of previous Tech Bytes issues is located at http://www.callutheran.edu/iss/training/tech_bytes/
« Back to Tech Byte Archive