Mary Jo A. Shane, Ph.D.
Mary Jo Shane, Ph.D. has worked in the field of change leadership and organizational effectiveness since 1991 with both profit generating organizations as well as non-profit foundations. She began working for CLU in 2005 and currently teaches classes in Organization Theory, Behavioral Science for Management and Cross Cultural Management. She has been the Academic Advisor for the international MBA students since 2006.
Dr. Shane received her doctorate in Human and Organizational Systems from Fielding Graduate University in 2001. She has two Masters of Arts degrees, one in Organizational Management from Antioch University (1992) and an M.A. in Organization Development from Fielding Graduate University (1999). She received her Bachelors of Science in Commerce from DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois. She is also a Certified Corporate Trainer through the American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) and in 1995 she certified as an Enneagram Personality Instructor.
• 2001 Doctor of Philosophy in Human and Organizational Systems • THE FIELDING GRADUATE INSTITUTE • Santa Barbara, California
• Dissertation Title: “A Postmodern Ethnographic Study of Life Experiences in Ongoing International Virtual Teams” • Dissertation Chair: Robert J. Silverman, Ph.D.
• 1999 Master of Arts in Organization Development • THE FIELDING GRADUATE INSTITUTE • Santa Barbara, California
• 1992 Master of Arts in Organizational Management • ANTIOCH UNIVERSITY • Los Angeles, California
• Thesis Title: “An Organization Development Consultation: Working With A Dysfunctional Organization In Transition”
• 1983 Bachelor of Science in Commerce • Major: Marketing • DEPAUL UNIVERSITY • Chicago, Illinois