11 Week Graduate Program New Student Orientation
Business Office – Student Accounts
For complete information about the Business Office - Student Accounts, including contact information and hours of operations, visit the Student Accounts website.
- No monthly paper statements
- All students will automatically be registered for TouchNet use
- Receive e-mail notifications of your new electronic bills
- Quick access to view and print your most recent statements and billing history
- See current account activity since last statement
- Unique login for authorized users
- Make payments online using electronic checks at no charge
- Make payments online using credit cards: MasterCard, Discover and American Express with a convenience fee of 2.75%
(Please Note: All students are automatically registered and do not require an account holder number or password. If a student is using TouchNet and sees this on their screen, they need to log out of the internet and reconnect. This message is specifically for authorized users (such as parents) who have been given access by the student. (When moving through the different fields, try to avoid using the backspace or back arrow key as this may lock you out of your account. Rather, utilize the different tabs located at the top of your screen.)
Electronic Statements and Payment Opportunities
- Students login to MyCLU Portal and click on Web Advisor
- Under Business Office click on View Statements/Make Payments to access TouchNet
- Click on NEXT
Reduction of Charges
CLU does not automatically drop students from a class if they register but do not attend.
Withdrawal dates used by the Student Accounts Office for reduction of charges are not the same as withdrawal dates used by the Registrar's Office as the last date for dropping a class. Students who withdraw from the University are financially responsible for a reduced portion of their tuition and according to the schedules found under Tuition and Fees.
- Finalize payment of your student account.
- Submit your completed Master Promissory Note (if not already on file). If the form is not received, you will have a hold placed on your account and may be assessed a $50 penalty.