The curriculum includes a total of 12 graduate courses (36 credits), based on the Association for Information Systems' Model Curriculum. All courses will be offered in 11-week terms. Three foundation courses are required, along with six core courses. Three additional electives (two may be satisfied by the integrated project course) are also required.
You will complete three foundation courses (nine credits) to be taken first. Taught by business and technology instructors, these courses provide the foundation for the overall program.
- BUS 567 Behavioral Science for Management
- BUS 581 Management Concepts for Information Technology
- IST/BUS 586 Information Systems & Business Strategy
You will select four of the following IST core courses (12 credits) for program completion.
- IST 503 Project & Change Management
- IST/BUS 532 Distributed Systems & Applications
- IST/BUS 534 Relational Technology
- IST/BUS 535 Information Security Management
- IST/BUS 583 Business Systems Development
- IST 570 Emerging Technologies & Issues
- IST/BUS 584 Data Communications and Networking
Business Core Requirements
Select two additional business courses (six credits) from across the MBA non-technical program offerings.
You may select three elective courses (nine credits) from other IST course offerings, as well as graduate courses from MBA, MPPA or Computer Science.
- IST 599 Integrated Project
- IST 501 BioInformatics
- IST 502 IT Infrastructure
- IST/BUS 587 Management Concepts for e-Business
- IST 582 Fundamentals of Web Development