Regals Trumped by LeopardsCLU falls to La Verne
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:45 pm PST
Bianca Deardorff was one of three CLU players with three shots against La Verne.
Photo: Tracy Maple
LA VERNE, Calif. – For the first time in nine games the Cal Lutheran women’s soccer team was on the losing end of a game, falling 1-0 tonight on the road to La Verne in Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) action.
Unable to find the back of the net, the Regals suffered just their second league loss of the season after Olga Saldivar scored for La Verne on an assist from Marisella Macias in the 61st minute.
CLU outshot LV 14-9 tonight with Bianca Deardorff, Nancy Nunez and Taylor Will each firing off a trio of shots and Brittany Eremita tallied two. The Regals also earned six corner kicks, allowing none.Goalkeeper Kristin Bailey played all 90 minutes and recorded two saves.
For La Verne (8-9-1, 5-6-1 SCIAC) Delanie Pacheco earned the win in front of the goal, saving three shots. Saldivar led the Leos with three shots and Macias and Christina Camacho took two apiece.
Cal Lutheran (14-3, 10-1 SCIAC) returns home for the final two regular season games of the year starting with Chapman on Wednesday, Oct. 30 at 7:00 p.m. at Rolland Stadium.
- Shakespeare camp adds Puppet Workshop
- Cal Lutheran golf tournament slated
- Cal Lutheran marketing professor honored
- 9 Cal Lutheran faculty members promoted
- Top Cal Lutheran students honored
- Cal Lutheran students curate art exhibit
- Undergraduate Commencement slated
- Cal Lutheran to confer graduate degrees
- Pastoral opera to be performed outdoors
- Cal Lutheran to host athletic symposium