CLU hosts annual Kwanzaa celebrationDec. 14 event features ceremony, food, performances
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 09:40 am PST
CLU students will perform a Kwanzaa ceremon.
(THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Nov. 22, 2013) California Lutheran University annual Kwanzaa celebration will feature food, performances and a ceremony from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, in Gilbert Arena.
CLU students will perform a Kwanzaa ceremony and NAACP Saturday School students will make presentations. The celebration will also include authentic African and African-American food, gospel music, dancers and vendors selling arts and crafts.
Millions of African Americans observe Kwanzaa from Dec. 26 to Jan. 1 each year. It is a special time when families and friends unite to strengthen and encourage one another.
Gilbert Arena is located in the Gilbert Sports and Fitness Center at 130 Overton Court on the Thousand Oaks campus.
The NAACP Saturday School, the Afro-Centric Committee of Ventura County, and CLU’s Black Student Union and Office of Multicultural Programs and International Student Services are sponsoring the free event. For more information, contact Daniel Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diplomat who saved Jews topic of talk
- New Music Concert to feature rising star
- Q&A to feature actor Patrick Warburton
- $4 million to fund Cal Lutheran art center
- Colorado poet to speak at Cal Lutheran
- Cal Lutheran names new education dean
- Cal Lutheran Symphony concludes season
- Oscar-winning German film to be shown
- Speaker to discuss leaving the mob
- Newsman's daughter to speak March 12