CLU hosts annual Kwanzaa celebrationDec. 14 event features ceremony, food, performances
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 09:40 am PST
CLU students will perform a Kwanzaa ceremon.
(THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Nov. 22, 2013) California Lutheran University annual Kwanzaa celebration will feature food, performances and a ceremony from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, in Gilbert Arena.
CLU students will perform a Kwanzaa ceremony and NAACP Saturday School students will make presentations. The celebration will also include authentic African and African-American food, gospel music, dancers and vendors selling arts and crafts.
Millions of African Americans observe Kwanzaa from Dec. 26 to Jan. 1 each year. It is a special time when families and friends unite to strengthen and encourage one another.
Gilbert Arena is located in the Gilbert Sports and Fitness Center at 130 Overton Court on the Thousand Oaks campus.
The NAACP Saturday School, the Afro-Centric Committee of Ventura County, and CLU’s Black Student Union and Office of Multicultural Programs and International Student Services are sponsoring the free event. For more information, contact Daniel Lawrence at email@example.com.
- Show celebrates 3 Latin American women
- Q&A to feature 'One Tree Hill' actor
- Seminar explores Norway's Constitution
- Cal Lutheran to show Oscar-winning film
- Cal Lutheran brings back Books and Brew
- Paraguayan film kicks off free festival
- Painter of American scenes to give talk
- Cal Lutheran presents Day of Dance
- Faculty to perform original composition
- Art tours offered in French and Spanish