Regals Tennis Team Excels in ClassroomCLU lands six on ITA All-Academic Team
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:16 am PST
The 2014 Regals were honored as an ITA All-Academic team.
Photo: Tracy Maple
SKILLMAN, N.J. – Announced by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) earlier this month, the Cal Lutheran women’s tennis team as well as six individual members were honored for academic successes as part of the All-Academic Team for 2014.
The squad well surpassed the required cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 with better than a 3.5 mark as a unit.
In addition to the entire team being recognized, six Regals took home individual accolades as well with Katie Carroll, Rebecca Drake, Rebecca Gold, Shelby Kubota, Lindsay Murphy and Dana Raugust earning GPAs of 3.5 or higher as a varsity letter winner during the 2013-14 academic year.
Murphy earned a degree in politics from CLU in May while the remaining five student-athletes will be back on the court in 2015 vying to repeat as ITA All-Academic honorees.
Ninety-one Division III programs qualified for this award in 2014 and Cal Lutheran was one of seven Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) teams recognized, making the SCIAC one of the top academic leagues in the country.
- Diplomat who saved Jews topic of talk
- New Music Concert to feature rising star
- Q&A to feature actor Patrick Warburton
- $4 million to fund Cal Lutheran art center
- Colorado poet to speak at Cal Lutheran
- Cal Lutheran names new education dean
- Cal Lutheran Symphony concludes season
- Oscar-winning German film to be shown
- Speaker to discuss leaving the mob
- Newsman's daughter to speak March 12