Cardenas Caps Season with ITA All-Academic NodCLU men's tennis player honored for academics
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 07:55 am PST
Moises Cardenas enjoyed both academic and athletic successes in his first year at Cal Lutheran.
Photo: Tracy Maple
SKILLMAN, N.J. – To conclude his first year at Cal Lutheran, Kingsmen tennis player Moises Cardenas added one more honor to his repertoire as a member of the 2014 Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) men’s tennis All-Academic Team as announced earlier this month.
Cardenas earned the distinction after producing better than a 3.5 grade point average (GPA) at CLU this year. His successes in the classroom as a psychology major were accompanied by an appearance in the NCAA Division III Men’s Tennis Championships where he garnered All-America status.
Instrumental in the rebuilding of the Kingsmen tennis program at Cal Lutheran, Cardenas will return to the courts for his final season in 2015 after playing in the No. 1 singles spot and on the No. 2 doubles team throughout the spring.
Overall, six of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) schools had honorees and Cardenas was one of 22 student-athletes from the league and 394 players from across the country to earn recognition.
- Cal Lutheran to host candidate debate
- Cal Lutheran art exhibit explores dark side
- Show celebrates 3 Latin American women
- Q&A to feature 'One Tree Hill' actor
- Seminar explores Norway's Constitution
- Cal Lutheran to show Oscar-winning film
- Cal Lutheran brings back Books and Brew
- Paraguayan film kicks off free festival
- Painter of American scenes to give talk
- Cal Lutheran presents Day of Dance