Rogers Receives D3football.com Team of the Week RecognitionCLU senior earns first recognition of fall
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:52 am PST
Eric Rogers became the CLU receiving TD leader against Pomona-Pitzer and was named to the D3football.com Team of the Week.
Photo: Tracy Maple
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – Announced Monday night by D3football.com, preseason All-American Eric Rogers was named to the Team of the Week for his performance against Pomona-Pitzer on Saturday, Sept. 29.
Rogers broke the 38-year old CLU career TD reception record with three receiving touchdowns, adding a fourth on a 38-yard reverse play in the opening quarter.
In the second stanza he caught a 19 yard pass for his first of the night and on the next CLU possession followed up with a nine yard TD reception to tie the mark.
During the third quarter the wide receiver caught a 32 yard TD to set the new record with his 26th career touchdown catch.
The senior led all players with 173 all-purpose yards, which included nine catches for 135 yards as No. 8 Cal Lutheran defeated Pomona-Pitzer 38-10 in the SCIAC opener.
Rogers also moved into second place in CLU history for receiving yards in a career (2,617) and to fourth in CLU history in career receptions (159). He should break both marks this season.
Cal Lutheran (2-1) remains ranked No. 8 in the week five poll. The only change in the top-10 was No. 4 St. Thomas and No. 5 UW-Whitewater swapping spots from a week ago.
The Kingsmen travel to play SCIAC rival Redlands on Saturday, Oct. 6. The Kingsmen and Bulldogs will kick off at 7:05 p.m.
- CLU spotlights Santa Ynez Valley artist
- Antibiotic resistance in waterways studied
- CLU pledges to increase study abroad
- 'Antony and Cleopatra' set in fascist '30s
- 10 CLU faculty members promoted
- 'Snap Judgment' host to perform in T.O.
- Report shows county redistricting worked
- CLU students honored for academics
- CLU Fulbright recipient to teach in Nepal
- Kingsmen set 'Twelfth Night' in vaudeville