Regals Sweep Past Caltech 3-011 different CLU hitters recorded a kill in Tuesday night's match.
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 09:08 pm PST
The Regals defense held Caltech hitters to just a .023 attacking percentage Tuesday night in Pasadena.
Photo: Tracy Maple
Pasadena, Calif. - Eleven different Regal hitters recorded a kill Tuesday night as No. 8 Cal Lutheran swept Caltech 3-0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-13). CLU had at least four service aces in each set and limited to the Beavers to just a .023 hitting percentage in the match.
Leading Cal Lutheran’s balanced offensive attack were a pair of freshman in Allie Eason and Pua Mo’okini-Oliveria. The first-year duo each recorded five kills in the match. Lauren Rohach had four kills on only seven chances.
Outside hitters Rachel Smith, Caitlin Fransen, Haylay Tamagni and Hannah Orlandi all had three kills.
Middle blockers Shannon Pearson and Erin Hedrick also had three kills apiece.
Setters Jenna Chavez and Kennedy Peters finished with 12 and nine assists, respectively.
Both liberos had solid games as Hannah Swaney tallied five digs and Erika Smith recorded four.
Paige Logan and Catherine Jamshidi each had four kills to lead Caltech offensively.
With the win Cal Lutheran improves to 14-4 and a 6-1 SCIAC record. Caltech drops to 0-10 and 0-7 in the SCIAC.
Cal Lutheran returns to Gilbert Arena this Friday, Oct. 5, at 7:30 p.m. when they take on conference foe Whittier. The Regals round-out their non-conference schedule Saturday, Oct. 6 when they host Juniata College (Penn.) at 6:00 p.m.
Box Score: CLU 3 CIT 0
- Cal Lutheran golf tournament slated
- Cal Lutheran marketing professor honored
- 9 Cal Lutheran faculty members promoted
- Top Cal Lutheran students honored
- Cal Lutheran students curate art exhibit
- Undergraduate Commencement slated
- Cal Lutheran to confer graduate degrees
- Pastoral opera to be performed outdoors
- Cal Lutheran to host athletic symposium
- Students launch biochar campaign for city