Author to discuss Danes on the TitanicCLU talk to feature music, pictures, interviews
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:27 am PST
Mette Hjermind McCall is the author of “Titanic De Danske Fortsellinger.”
(THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Oct. 10, 2012) A bestselling Danish author will present a new slant on the journey of the Titanic at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, at California Lutheran University.
Mette Hjermind McCall, author of “Titanic De Danske Fortsellinger,” will follow the destinies of Danish passengers on the doomed ocean liner. The two-hour presentation in the Roth Nelson Room will include music played on the Titanic, pictures and illustrations, and selections from audio recordings of interviews with survivors.
McCall released her book in Denmark on April 15, the centennial of the tragic sinking. The book made the bestseller list for non-fiction.
A freelance journalist and public relations consultant based in the San Francisco Bay Area and Århus, Denmark, McCall has more than a decade of experience in print and broadcast journalism in Europe and California.
The Roth Nelson Room is located on Mountclef Boulevard near Memorial Parkway on the Thousand Oaks campus.
The Scandinavian American Cultural and Historical Foundation and the CLU History Department are sponsoring the free presentation. For more information, call Mary Hekhuis at 805-497-1057.
- Cal Lutheran faculty receive project funds
- 6 join Cal Lutheran Board of Regents
- New faculty members join Cal Lutheran
- Men's volleyball program to be added
- Kwanzaa to be celebrated at Cal Lutheran
- Cal Lutheran to re-enact Christmas story
- Cal Lutheran presents holiday concerts
- 1,000 golden figures featured in exhibit
- Cal Lutheran to hold Sankta Lucia service
- Cal Lutheran professor to share poetry