Kingsmen Eighth at SCIAC Multi DualsCLU defeats Chapman
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:30 am PST
David Avila runs ahead of a pack of competitors during the second half of the 8K race today at La Mirada Park.
Photo: Tracy Maple
LA MIRADA, Calif. – A day after the first rain since April, runners took to the starting line at La Mirada Park at the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) Multi Duals on a perfect afternoon. CLU finished eighth as a team.
As he has done all fall, Matthew Garvin paced the Kingsmen, finishing 36th in a field of 131 with a time of 27:49.31.
Second home for CLU was freshman Nick Privitelli with an 8K time of 28:30.98, followed by classmate David Avila in 28:56.74.
The fourth, fifth and sixth runners across the line were the junior trio of Mason Hill, Dominick Allen and Shawn Jackson in times of 29:10.14, 29:51.16 and 30:34.56, respectively.
Dylan Perriseau was 10 spots back in a time of 31:05.65 to round out the CLU pack.
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps was undefeated at 8-0, followed by Pomona-Pitzer (7-1), La Verne (6-2), Whittier (5-3), Occidental (4-4), Redlands (3-5), Caltech (2-6), Cal Lutheran (1-7) and Chapman (0-8).
Colin Smith, a sophomore from Occidental, was the top finisher, completing the course as the only runner under 26 minutes at 25:54.22.
Cal Lutheran will have just over two weeks to recover and prepare for the SCIAC Championships, which are scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 27 at 8:30 a.m. Teams will toe the line at Prado Park.
Results: 8th(complete results not available at time of release)
- CLUFest highlights best multimedia works
- Students give free outdoor jazz concert
- French film concludes international series
- Impact of Muslim Americans topic of talk
- Arete will conclude season on April 12
- Cal LuPalooza to showcase student talent
- Free seminar delves into brain research
- Book examines the reasons for making art
- Sociologist to discuss significance of stuff
- Q&A with Patrick Warburton rescheduled