Will Named NSCAA All-AmericanTaylor Will named Second Team All-America
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 01:17 pm PST
Taylor Will has scored 37 goals in just two seasons.
Photo: Steve Schaffer
KANSAS CITY, Kansas— Cal Lutheran sophomore forward Taylor Will was named to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Second Team All-America Tuesday afternoon. She becomes the eleventh Regal to be named All-America and joins Holly Roepke (1996) as the only CLU players to be selected to the second team.
In just two years, Will has asserted herself as one of the top goal scorers in the country. A year after scoring 19 goals as a freshman, Will netted 18 this year. The Santa Maria, Calif. native was her strongest down the stretch, scoring all of CLU’s four goals this postseason. Her two goal performance against Wartburg (Iowa) in the first round of NCAA Division III tournament gave Cal Lutheran its first post season win in more than a decade.
The 2012 SCIAC Women’s Soccer Athlete of the Year scored 10 goals in 14 conference games while also recording three assists as a part of Cal Lutheran team that won 24 consecutive league matches. CLU went 13-1 in the SCIAC during the regular season en route to winning their third consecutive league championship.
After two seasons, Will is already tenth all-time at CLU with 37 career goals. She also becomes the second Regal to be named All-America in the past three years. Sinead Vaughn was selected to the Third Team in 2011 and 2010.
Chapman midfielder Valarie Sobol, a Third Team Selection, was the only other player chosen from the SCIAC.
- CLU spotlights Santa Ynez Valley artist
- Antibiotic resistance in waterways studied
- CLU pledges to increase study abroad
- 'Antony and Cleopatra' set in fascist '30s
- 10 CLU faculty members promoted
- 'Snap Judgment' host to perform in T.O.
- Report shows county redistricting worked
- CLU students honored for academics
- CLU Fulbright recipient to teach in Nepal
- Kingsmen set 'Twelfth Night' in vaudeville