Kingsmen Fall to Leopards in First SCIAC MeetBrem, Relay Team Lone Winners.
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 06:18 pm PST
Photo: Tracy Maple
SAN DIMAS, Calif. – Opening day in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference was a tough loss for Cal Lutheran as the Kingsmen were topped, 182-116, by the Leopards from La Verne.
Leading the way for the men’s team was diver Ryan Brem, who won both the one-meter and three-meter diving competitions. Brem was especially dominant in the one-meter competition dive, besting his closest competitor by 18 points.
The only win for the Kingsmen came in the 200 yard Freestyle Relay where Tyler Berg, A.J. Franklin, Chase Miller and Conrad Sheffer combined for a winning time of 1:30.96.
CLU’s strongest race was in the 1,000 yard freestyle race where Derrick Graham (11:05.78), Mike Potter (11:20.34), and Mason Hill (11:46.28) finished second, third and fourth, respectively.
Zachary Kaija (1:05.18) and Anthony Nguyen (1:06.03) finished in second and third in the 100 yard breaststroke race.
The Cal Lutheran swimming and diving teams will be back in action after the New Year when they host the CLU invitational January 4, at 10:00 a.m.
- Cal Lutheran faculty receive project funds
- 6 join Cal Lutheran Board of Regents
- New faculty members join Cal Lutheran
- Men's volleyball program to be added
- Kwanzaa to be celebrated at Cal Lutheran
- Cal Lutheran to re-enact Christmas story
- Cal Lutheran presents holiday concerts
- 1,000 golden figures featured in exhibit
- Cal Lutheran to hold Sankta Lucia service
- Cal Lutheran professor to share poetry