Kingsmen Fall to Leopards in First SCIAC MeetBrem, Relay Team Lone Winners.
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 06:18 pm PST
Photo: Tracy Maple
SAN DIMAS, Calif. – Opening day in the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference was a tough loss for Cal Lutheran as the Kingsmen were topped, 182-116, by the Leopards from La Verne.
Leading the way for the men’s team was diver Ryan Brem, who won both the one-meter and three-meter diving competitions. Brem was especially dominant in the one-meter competition dive, besting his closest competitor by 18 points.
The only win for the Kingsmen came in the 200 yard Freestyle Relay where Tyler Berg, A.J. Franklin, Chase Miller and Conrad Sheffer combined for a winning time of 1:30.96.
CLU’s strongest race was in the 1,000 yard freestyle race where Derrick Graham (11:05.78), Mike Potter (11:20.34), and Mason Hill (11:46.28) finished second, third and fourth, respectively.
Zachary Kaija (1:05.18) and Anthony Nguyen (1:06.03) finished in second and third in the 100 yard breaststroke race.
The Cal Lutheran swimming and diving teams will be back in action after the New Year when they host the CLU invitational January 4, at 10:00 a.m.
- Scandinavian Festival slated April 18-19
- CLUFest highlights best multimedia works
- Students give free outdoor jazz concert
- French film concludes international series
- Impact of Muslim Americans topic of talk
- Arete will conclude season on April 12
- Cal LuPalooza to showcase student talent
- Free seminar delves into brain research
- Book examines the reasons for making art
- Sociologist to discuss significance of stuff