Brem Bound for SCIAC ChampionshipsDay one of SCIAC Diving Preliminaries in the books
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2013 09:54 pm PST
Ryan Brem will compete in SCIAC Championships on the one-meter diving board next weekend.
Photo: Tracy Maple
PASADENA, Calif. – On day one of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Diving Preliminaries at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center, a pair of Cal Lutheran men competed on the one-meter boards.
Representing Cal Lutheran were Ryan Brem and Kevin Schultz. All divers competed an 11-dive list today.
Brem scored a 346.35 to take third and move on to the finals in his sophomore campaign. Classmate Schultz posted a 154.59 to place tenth as his season concludes.
Winning the event, and earning an NCAA qualification, was James Stevick from Claremont-Mudd-Scripps with a total of 495.57. Second place went to Jake Tittl from La Verne after posting a 389.61.
A field of 16 was cut in half with the top eight finishers advancing to the SCIAC Swimming and Diving Championships set to be held at Splash! La Mirada Feb. 17-19.
- North Korean refugees subject of talk
- Water is focus of corporate leaders event
- Founder's kin to discuss Solvang history
- Dancer to keynote Cal Lutheran event
- Vets can now attend Cal Lutheran for free
- Cal Lutheran presents Day of Dance
- Cal Lutheran event focuses on technology
- Anti-Defamation League official to speak
- Alumni to sing at Cal Lutheran concert
- Cal Lutheran students to present research