Brem Bound for SCIAC ChampionshipsDay one of SCIAC Diving Preliminaries in the books
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2013 09:54 pm PST
Ryan Brem will compete in SCIAC Championships on the one-meter diving board next weekend.
Photo: Tracy Maple
PASADENA, Calif. – On day one of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Diving Preliminaries at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center, a pair of Cal Lutheran men competed on the one-meter boards.
Representing Cal Lutheran were Ryan Brem and Kevin Schultz. All divers competed an 11-dive list today.
Brem scored a 346.35 to take third and move on to the finals in his sophomore campaign. Classmate Schultz posted a 154.59 to place tenth as his season concludes.
Winning the event, and earning an NCAA qualification, was James Stevick from Claremont-Mudd-Scripps with a total of 495.57. Second place went to Jake Tittl from La Verne after posting a 389.61.
A field of 16 was cut in half with the top eight finishers advancing to the SCIAC Swimming and Diving Championships set to be held at Splash! La Mirada Feb. 17-19.
- First CLU Central Coast cohort to graduate
- CLU's 50th commencement set for May 18
- CLU Graduate Commencement is May 17
- KCLU radio expands along Central Coast
- Longtime CLU biology professor dies
- KCLU wins national journalism award
- Professor to become Honorary Alumnus
- Ball State choir to perform at CLU May 11
- CLU screens movie about war on drugs
- CLU presents third annual PRISM concert