Machida Advances to ChampionshipsDay one of SCIAC Diving Preliminaries in the books
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2013 09:56 pm PST
Sheyenne Machida dove her way to an opportunity to compete at the SCIAC Championships on the one-meter board next weekend.
Photo: Tracy Maple
PASADENA, Calif. – Competing on the three- meter boards on day one of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Diving Preliminaries at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center, a pair of Regals represented Cal Lutheran.
Junior Sheyenne Machida placed third behind Jessica Robson (462.51) of Occidental and Carmen Lundell (418.41) from Claremont-Mudd-Scripps after posting a 320.79. All three performed an 11-dive list today.
Both Lundell and Robson earned provisional NCAA qualifying marks today.
Also competing for the Regals today was sophomore Danielle Warmuth. Her score of 121.08 came on a six-dive set.
A field of 17 was narrowed to eight with those divers advancing to the SCIAC Swimming and Diving Championships set to be held at Splash! La Mirada Feb. 17-19.
- MIT award goes to CLU lecturer's team
- Cal Lutheran students head back to class
- Cal Lutheran opens year with convocation
- Edison International CEO to kick off series
- Awards help CLU expand interfaith efforts
- CLU exhibit depicts self-discovery journey
- CLU spotlights Santa Ynez Valley artist
- Antibiotic resistance in waterways studied
- CLU pledges to increase study abroad
- 'Antony and Cleopatra' set in fascist '30s