Machida Advances to ChampionshipsDay one of SCIAC Diving Preliminaries in the books
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2013 09:56 pm PST
Sheyenne Machida dove her way to an opportunity to compete at the SCIAC Championships on the one-meter board next weekend.
Photo: Tracy Maple
PASADENA, Calif. – Competing on the three- meter boards on day one of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Diving Preliminaries at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center, a pair of Regals represented Cal Lutheran.
Junior Sheyenne Machida placed third behind Jessica Robson (462.51) of Occidental and Carmen Lundell (418.41) from Claremont-Mudd-Scripps after posting a 320.79. All three performed an 11-dive list today.
Both Lundell and Robson earned provisional NCAA qualifying marks today.
Also competing for the Regals today was sophomore Danielle Warmuth. Her score of 121.08 came on a six-dive set.
A field of 17 was narrowed to eight with those divers advancing to the SCIAC Swimming and Diving Championships set to be held at Splash! La Mirada Feb. 17-19.
- Pastoral opera to be performed outdoors
- Cal Lutheran to host athletic symposium
- Students launch biochar campaign for city
- Series give students skills for TV and film
- Students to pitch startups in competition
- Festival spotlights research and projects
- Cal Lutheran selects VP of student affairs
- 5th annual Hats and High Tea slated
- Cal Lutheran Wind Ensemble to perform
- Senior art majors to display works