Regals Blanked by BantamsCLU winless against Trinity
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 09:41 pm PST
Emily Werman returns a serve during doubles play against Trinity (CT) today.
Photo: Tracy Maple
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The home stand for the Cal Lutheran women’s tennis team did not end quite as they would have hoped as the Regals were swept 9-0 by Trinity (CT) at the Poulson Tennis Center this afternoon.
The closest match of the afternoon came at number four singles where Carly Mouzes and Frances Cameron battled to three sets and the duo needed a tie breaker in the second set. Cameron came out on top 6-4, 7-6 (7-5) and 1-0 (10-3).
Lauren Toohey nearly grabbed the first set against Elizabeth Gerber at No. 5 singles, before falling 6-4, 6-2.
In doubles play both Emily Werman and Sarah Baker and Murphy and Mouzes fell 8-3 on the number one and two courts, respectively.
For the seventh consecutive match CLU competed at home, dropping all seven matches to tough competition.
Cal Lutheran (4-11) will travel to Oregon for a trip to start spring break. The Regals will play a pair of Northwest Conference teams with the first against Lewis & Clark at noon on Saturday, March 23 with a match against Linfield scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
- KCLU receives 5 Golden Mikes for news
- Talks to explore threats to intelligent life
- Cal Lutheran professor, inventor dies
- Cal Lutheran to mark Chinese New Year
- Chinese artists to participate in residency
- 2 receive Cal Lutheran Inspiration Awards
- Interfaith discussion of drought slated
- Cal Lutheran symposium explores Iceland
- Free concert to feature Hispanic music
- 'Piano Man' to perform at Cal Lutheran