Regals Blanked by BantamsCLU winless against Trinity
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 09:41 pm PST
Emily Werman returns a serve during doubles play against Trinity (CT) today.
Photo: Tracy Maple
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The home stand for the Cal Lutheran women’s tennis team did not end quite as they would have hoped as the Regals were swept 9-0 by Trinity (CT) at the Poulson Tennis Center this afternoon.
The closest match of the afternoon came at number four singles where Carly Mouzes and Frances Cameron battled to three sets and the duo needed a tie breaker in the second set. Cameron came out on top 6-4, 7-6 (7-5) and 1-0 (10-3).
Lauren Toohey nearly grabbed the first set against Elizabeth Gerber at No. 5 singles, before falling 6-4, 6-2.
In doubles play both Emily Werman and Sarah Baker and Murphy and Mouzes fell 8-3 on the number one and two courts, respectively.
For the seventh consecutive match CLU competed at home, dropping all seven matches to tough competition.
Cal Lutheran (4-11) will travel to Oregon for a trip to start spring break. The Regals will play a pair of Northwest Conference teams with the first against Lewis & Clark at noon on Saturday, March 23 with a match against Linfield scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
- CLUFest highlights best multimedia works
- Students give free outdoor jazz concert
- French film concludes international series
- Impact of Muslim Americans topic of talk
- Arete will conclude season on April 12
- Cal LuPalooza to showcase student talent
- Free seminar delves into brain research
- Book examines the reasons for making art
- Sociologist to discuss significance of stuff
- Q&A with Patrick Warburton rescheduled