CLU presents third annual PRISM concertShow features continuous rotation of music
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:23 am PST
Michael Hart, CLU’s director of bands, will conduct.
Photo: Brian Stethem
(THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – April 12, 2013) California Lutheran University will present its third annual PRISM Concert at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 5, in Samuelson Chapel.
This year’s concert will feature performances by the University Wind Ensemble and the CLU Percussion Ensemble. The program’s continuous rotation of music is designed to provide audiences with the complete spectrum of wind and percussion music. Michael Hart, CLU’s director of bands, will conduct.
The concert will feature traditional favorites for concert band including Gustav Holst’s “First Suite in E flat,” Vincent Persichetti’s “Divertimento for Band” and John Philip Sousa’s march “The Thunderer.” Newer works include an arrangement of the hymn “It Is Well With My Soul” by David Holsinger and “Shine” by Michael Markowski.
Donations will be accepted.
Samuelson Chapel is located south of Olsen Road near Campus Drive. For more information, call the Music Department at 805-493-3306 or visit http://www.callutheran.edu.
- Concert features 'Schindler's List' music
- Cal Lutheran honors longtime supporter
- Cal Lutheran exhibit features alumni art
- Documentary explores meaning of death
- Cal Lutheran to host candidate debate
- Cal Lutheran art exhibit explores dark side
- Show celebrates 3 Latin American women
- Q&A to feature 'One Tree Hill' actor
- Seminar explores Norway's Constitution
- Cal Lutheran to show Oscar-winning film