CLU presents third annual PRISM concertShow features continuous rotation of music
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 11:23 am PST
Michael Hart, CLU’s director of bands, will conduct.
Photo: Brian Stethem
(THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – April 12, 2013) California Lutheran University will present its third annual PRISM Concert at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 5, in Samuelson Chapel.
This year’s concert will feature performances by the University Wind Ensemble and the CLU Percussion Ensemble. The program’s continuous rotation of music is designed to provide audiences with the complete spectrum of wind and percussion music. Michael Hart, CLU’s director of bands, will conduct.
The concert will feature traditional favorites for concert band including Gustav Holst’s “First Suite in E flat,” Vincent Persichetti’s “Divertimento for Band” and John Philip Sousa’s march “The Thunderer.” Newer works include an arrangement of the hymn “It Is Well With My Soul” by David Holsinger and “Shine” by Michael Markowski.
Donations will be accepted.
Samuelson Chapel is located south of Olsen Road near Campus Drive. For more information, call the Music Department at 805-493-3306 or visit http://www.callutheran.edu.
- Kwanzaa to be celebrated at Cal Lutheran
- Cal Lutheran to re-enact Christmas story
- Cal Lutheran presents holiday concerts
- 1,000 golden figures featured in exhibit
- Cal Lutheran to hold Sankta Lucia service
- Cal Lutheran professor to share poetry
- Cal Lutheran to mark World AIDS Day
- Concert to honor late faculty member
- Talk to explore faith-based organizing
- Ventura superintendent to join faculty