SAAC Completes Successful Sports Equipment DriveSAAC donates gear as a part of Division III week
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 01:43 pm PST
Photo: Debby Day
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Started as a community service project,the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) capped Division III week by donating all the sporting goods they received during the Ball and Old Sports Equipment Drive to the Boys and Girls Club of Conejo Valley Wednesday.
Headed by SAAC president Lauren Rasmussen, the committee filled an entire van’s worth of balls from various sports as well as all types of equipment. “The biggest thing with this event is that it is something that the SAAC wants to turn into an annual event during DIII Week,” Rasmussen said. “The connection to athletics with equipment collection, plus the opportunity to give back to the community by donating items that student-athletes are involved with competitively every day is very rewarding.”
Softball head coach and coordinator of the SAAC, Debby Day, along with the rest of the committee would like to thank everyone that participated and donated.
- Arete concert to feature Broadway songs
- Cal Lutheran hosts Veterans Day party
- Renowned composer to speak, perform
- North Korean refugees subject of talk
- Water is focus of corporate leaders event
- Founder's kin to discuss Solvang history
- Dancer to keynote Cal Lutheran event
- Vets can now attend Cal Lutheran for free
- Cal Lutheran presents Day of Dance
- Cal Lutheran event focuses on technology