SAAC Completes Successful Sports Equipment DriveSAAC donates gear as a part of Division III week
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 01:43 pm PST
Photo: Debby Day
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Started as a community service project,the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) capped Division III week by donating all the sporting goods they received during the Ball and Old Sports Equipment Drive to the Boys and Girls Club of Conejo Valley Wednesday.
Headed by SAAC president Lauren Rasmussen, the committee filled an entire van’s worth of balls from various sports as well as all types of equipment. “The biggest thing with this event is that it is something that the SAAC wants to turn into an annual event during DIII Week,” Rasmussen said. “The connection to athletics with equipment collection, plus the opportunity to give back to the community by donating items that student-athletes are involved with competitively every day is very rewarding.”
Softball head coach and coordinator of the SAAC, Debby Day, along with the rest of the committee would like to thank everyone that participated and donated.
- Pastoral opera to be performed outdoors
- Cal Lutheran to host athletic symposium
- Students launch biochar campaign for city
- Series give students skills for TV and film
- Students to pitch startups in competition
- Festival spotlights research and projects
- Cal Lutheran selects VP of student affairs
- 5th annual Hats and High Tea slated
- Cal Lutheran Wind Ensemble to perform
- Senior art majors to display works