SAAC Completes Successful Sports Equipment DriveSAAC donates gear as a part of Division III week
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 01:43 pm PST
Photo: Debby Day
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Started as a community service project,the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) capped Division III week by donating all the sporting goods they received during the Ball and Old Sports Equipment Drive to the Boys and Girls Club of Conejo Valley Wednesday.
Headed by SAAC president Lauren Rasmussen, the committee filled an entire van’s worth of balls from various sports as well as all types of equipment. “The biggest thing with this event is that it is something that the SAAC wants to turn into an annual event during DIII Week,” Rasmussen said. “The connection to athletics with equipment collection, plus the opportunity to give back to the community by donating items that student-athletes are involved with competitively every day is very rewarding.”
Softball head coach and coordinator of the SAAC, Debby Day, along with the rest of the committee would like to thank everyone that participated and donated.
- CLU starts vets entrepreneurship program
- CLU appoints dean for Berkeley seminary
- CLU is among Best Colleges for Veterans
- Acclaimed singer to perform at CLU
- Christmas story to be portrayed at CLU
- CLU hosts annual Kwanzaa celebration
- CLU's Sankta Lucia service slated Dec. 12
- CLU presents Christmas concerts Dec. 6-8
- CLU hosts World AIDS Day events Dec. 3
- CLU exhibit explores painter's career