CLU Symphony presents romantic concertItalian, Russian and French music to be featured
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:37 am PST
One of the first ensembles established at the founding of CLU, the University Symphony is a 50- to 60-member ensemble that performs several times each semester
Photo: Brian Stethem
(THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Sept. 26, 2013) Romantic opera and ballet music will be featured in California Lutheran University’s Founders Day Concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, in Samuelson Chapel.
The “Symphonic Romance” program performed by the University Symphony will include selections from the Italian, Russian and French repertory including Verdi’s overture to the opera “La Forza del Destino,” the ballet suite from Faure’s “Pelléas et Mélisande,” the adagio from Khachaturian’s ballet “Spartacus”and the “RákóczyMarch”by Berlioz.
Veteran faculty member Daniel Geeting will direct.
One of the first ensembles established at the founding of CLU, the University Symphony is a 50- to 60-member ensemble that performs several times each semester and has a diverse repertory ranging from the latest in contemporary composition to standards of the symphonic repertory. While the symphony is an integral part of the program for music majors and minors, it is open to all CLU students and also includes community members.
Donations will be accepted.
Samuelson Chapel is located south of Olsen Road near Campus Drive on the Thousand Oaks campus. Additional parking is available at the corner of Olsen Road and Mountclef Boulevard.
For more information, call the Music Department at 805-493-3306 or visit callutheran.edu.
- French film concludes international series
- Impact of Muslim Americans topic of talk
- Arete will conclude season on April 12
- Cal LuPalooza to showcase student talent
- Free seminar delves into brain research
- Book examines the reasons for making art
- Sociologist to discuss significance of stuff
- Q&A with Patrick Warburton rescheduled
- Cal Lutheran joins NCAA concussion study
- University honored for community service