Public invited to Dia de los Muertos at CLULatin American Student club hosts celebration
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 09:44 am PST
Everyone is welcome to place items on the altar in honor of their deceased loved ones.
Photo: Brian Stethem
(THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Oct. 9, 2013) The public is invited to celebrate Día de los Muertos at California Lutheran University on Wednesday, Oct. 30.
The Latin American Student Organization (LASO) will present a program featuring entertainment, face painting and light refreshments from 6 to 8 p.m. on the lawn of the Swenson Center for Social and Behavioral Sciences as part of the Latin celebration of All Saints Day.
A traditional Day of the Dead altar will be built on the lawn. Starting at 10 a.m. and continuing throughout the day, everyone is welcome to place items on the altar in honor of their deceased loved ones.
LASO and CLU’s Office of Multicultural Programs and International Student Services are sponsoring the free event.
The Swenson Center is located on Faculty Street near Pioneer Avenue on the Thousand Oaks campus. Visitor parking is available at the corner of Olsen Road and Mountclef Boulevard.
For more information, call the Office of Multicultural Programs at 805-493-3489.
- CLU Wind Ensemble presents concert
- CLU faculty grants to benefit community
- CLU student-therapists receive stipends
- CLU receives $4M scholarship endowment
- Event to cover mental side of startups
- Oxford tutor to give drawing class at CLU
- CLU concert to feature music by women
- CLU groups present Mendelssohn concert
- CLU to show German psychological drama
- Author to discuss postmodernism at CLU