Students may petition to transfer six to nine semester credits of graduate coursework taken at other regionally accredited colleges or universities to the financial planning program at California Lutheran University.
Transfer work must be:
- Graduate level (applicable to a graduate degree at the institution granting the credit);
- Completed within the last seven years;
- Completed with at least a grade of "B" or 3.0;
- Documented by official transcripts from the institution;
- Listed on a "Petition for the Transfer of Credit";
- Approved by the appropriate program director and dean. Transfer of credit from CLU to another institution requires approval of the receiving institution.
Students may petition to have work from non-regionally accredited institutions accepted. Course work will be evaluated on a case by case basis. In addition to meeting the requirements stated above, the "Petition for the Transfer of Credit" form must also include a syllabus for each course. As with all transfer credit, approval will only be granted for course work deemed to be substantially equivalent to CLU courses.
If the student has a previously earned master's degree, the student may petition to transfer up to 9 semester credits.